Watch out the tips on career from Shumeet Banerjee. Shumeet is an alumnus of St. Stephens and FMS Delhi. He did his Phd from Kellogg School of Management. Before joining Booz he taught at the Chicago Booth School.
Caution: Readers' discretion is advised. The views expressed here are completely personal and the point of view expressed here will vary from individual to individual in the same batch. I am not responsible for any fall out arising out of your reading this post on this blog. Someone asked me on my views on whether a new student should join IIM Indore given the batch size. Well, I will try to cover certain aspects that will throw some light for future applicants. Having spent two years here and more so because I am part of the first graduating batch of size 450, I have developed an understanding of things that work and that do not work at Planet-I. I believe that these views are more pertinent for people with 3 or more than 3 years of work exp but nonetheless these views are universal as well. Although, I believe that freshers have very little at stake in studying at an IIM, be it L,I K ,S or any of the new IIMs. As far as the size of the batch is concerned, yes 450 is a huge...
My curiosity about Indian mythology was kick started after I read the book Myth = Mithya by Devdutt Patnaik last year. This book provides an easy to understand contemporary style understanding of the Indian mythology. While I was reading Myth = Mithya , some of my friends were reading a fiction on Lord Shiva, the Hindu God of destruction, written by Amish, an alumnus of IIM Calcutta. Well, I resisted the temptation to read this book because I was fully immersed in the rational arguments that Devdutt Patnaik had given in his book and did not want to pollute my rationality with fiction. However, I decided to read the book after my old roommate from MIT, Shashi , recommended it. With so many of my classmates having the book, it was not that difficult to get hold of a copy. I started reading the first book of the three books Shiva Trilogy, The Immortals of Mehula. Well, having read the book I must say that it is a gripping story and Amish churns out a whole new pers...
After more than two months, thanks to the lack of money, I ordered a couple of books again. This week am planning to read the 1984 and A Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Both these books have been on my reading list but somehow I could not get hold of these books. I am hoping that with these two books, I will be back again into the reading business.
Comments