Another era comes to an end...


When the clock strikes 10 tomorrow morning my last class at Planet-I would come to an end and so would a whole era. It all started on 11th July in 2010 but somehow I don’t remember which my first class was? I think somehow our brain just remembers the outlines and not the details.  Well, these twenty months have been quite a journey. On many counts Planet-I surprised me and at times fell short of my expectations. I think the perennial Indian problem of not that great teacher continues even at the IIMs. Had it not been for the visiting faculty, many of whom had 15-20 years of industry experience; probably I would have rated the faculty quality as really low.

Joining an IIM after four years of work was something I was not very sure of. In fact in June 2010, I had almost made my mind to go to the US but then something changed. However, given that most of my class mates had similar work experience dispelled those doubts.

But life at Planet-I has been terrific to say the least. The long night assignments, the projects, presentations, CP, innumerable cases-some read and some untouched, piles of books and all those unread chapters, quizzes, mid terms, end terms, case competitions, night mess and those extremely short one week term breaks. Huh, it’s been quite a journey. I think the biggest thing I gained here are the friends that I have made. I know 300+ new people and some of them have become close friends. Not sure whether I will miss this place, but I will definitely miss the people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anand Ashram- Joy and Happiness

Should you join IIM Indore?

The Sickle and the Prey..