Last Week at IBM

Time just flies away so fast. My one month notice period is about to come to an end. When the sun sets on this Friday,18th June,2010, it would mark the end of a chapter of my life. I would be leaving IBM after four long years. Wooh..i can't believe this myself, four long years!!

I must say that these four years have been interesting times. I met a lot of talented individuals, managers, and colleagues. Worked on exciting projects and got the opportunities to challenge myself.

I still remember the June of 2006, after my college, I was highly confused whether I should join IBM or Infosys. I am not sure how things would have been for me, had i joined Infosys, however, I don't have any regrets for having joined IBM either. I was lucky to have excellent people managers, account managers and team leads. It is also very interesting that i stayed in the same account for all these years. Many of my friends do not understand why i did not move out of the Kraft Account or IBM. Perhaps i did not try hard or perhaps i was too lazy or perhaps I always got the challenges that kept me busy and i did not get much time to think about those things . Well what ever it was, i am sure that i will remember these times as good times of my life.

Here is a list of some of the things that i think i enjoyed or cherished the most during my stay at IBM:

1. P1E and Zurich assignment at Kraft's EU HQ. I became a real consultant during this project. Switzerland is heaven on earth.

2. People at Kraft. - I really liked Kraft's work culture and the people there. Cordial, friendly, sweet yet professional.

3. Lean Sigma, Process Assurance, CMMI and Quality at IBM

4. Open door work culture at IBM.

5. Colleagues at IBM. - Met exceptionally talented and friendly people in the DSAP team. Many of them are good friends and i am sure will remain good friends even in the future.

6. Bangalore. The best thing about my stay at IBM was that I stayed in Bangalore (India’s most livable city).

Feeling nostalgic, i know i am leaving a cosy life but i am glad that i am going back to School. Mixed feelings!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Anil Kindly help.. i am placed in IBM and CTS..I am in a dilemma to choose between..
Anil Kumar said…
Hi yogesh,

Well, i can only try to help by giving my view point. I had a similar situation 4 yrs back and i chose IBM over Infosys. I personally never regretted that decision as things worked out well for me at IBM. But as with any organization, each person may have a different story depending on his or her situation.

If i had to choose between IBM and CTS, i would have chosen IBM. I wish you all the best to you.

Cheers,
Anil

Popular posts from this blog

Anand Ashram- Joy and Happiness

Should you join IIM Indore?

The Sickle and the Prey..