Gamification: Coursera

Well, I am really excited to see my peer reviewed grade in the 1st written assignment. This is the first time I am getting exposed to peer assigned grading and I cannot believe how well this works. The statistics and graphs that Daphne Koller had shown in this Ted talk make a lot of sense. In the Gamification assignment 1, I received a peer reviewed score of 10/10 and my own self assessment using the grading rubric was 10/10 and my self accessed grades and peer accessed grades have a perfect match not just in the grading but also in the "What I liked.." and "What could have been better sections..". This is really awesome.

Gamification has been really a great course. More important to me because am trying to apply the concepts in one of our client's business area. Also Prof. Kevin Werbach is really cool and has a very engaging style of teaching. I love his approach and the three ink stylus that he uses in the course lectures.

While learning on Coursera is fun and exciting, it comes with its own set of challenges. Giving 2-3 hours per week for each subject is becoming really challenging and I had to drop out from one of the Network Model courses because of lack of time. Well, I think the other reason that I dropped out of the course is that the professor was not that engaging. However, working in different time zones and racing against time has its own challenges. I  missed a quiz dead line and although Princeton is not giving any certificate and missing those quizzes does not affect my chances of getting the certificate (as there is none!), I feel I could have managed my time better and finished the quizzes before and should have not left it for the last moment. Well, i think that is all learning is about. The last few weeks have been really hectic, esp. given the fact that i was giving the APICS certification also. Hopefully by this weekend I will be ahead in all the courses and will manage my time better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anand Ashram- Joy and Happiness

Should you join IIM Indore?

The Sickle and the Prey..