Feeling anxious

Decision making is such a difficult job, especially when you are deciding on things that have long lasting impact. Perhaps this is what justifies the high salaries and perks that key decision makers command in an enterprise.

I think it was sometime around the same time 8 years ago after my AIEEE counselling, i had to make a choice between a Polymer Engineering or Civil Engineering at BIT Mesra or Electronics and Communications at Manipal (there was a chance of getting a better branch at BIT but as i said a chance).

I was in a big dilemma then. On one hand I had the option of going to BIT Mesra with a not so hot branch at a price tag of less than 2 lakhs and on the other hand i has a good branch at MIT,Manipal at a price tag of 4.5 lakhs. I still remember what a difficult decision it had been for me. Finally i chose Manipal for the exposure. The fact that out of 400 students at BIT i already knew close to 150 from my 10+2 school and of these 150, approx 40 were from my class 10th school. I did not want to be in the same environment, with the same friends for four years of my life. After that day I have never thought about or regretted that decision. Though you do have those moments of doubts when you sit back and think..did you make the right decisions?

Today, 8 years from that day, i am at the cross roads again. I had converts from a couple of top 25 US universities, Great Lakes Chennai and IIM Indore. I chucked Great Lakes after i got the Indore interview call. In June, when i finally converted the Indore call, i again did some maths and thought where would I see myself 10 years, India or US? With a sense of responsibility coming in life now, I finally decided to stay back in India and go to Indore.

With only three days left for my Indore journey to start, i am wondering again whether I have taken the right decision? I don't know the answer to this question yet only time will tell. But, today i am feeling the same anxiety that i felt 8 years ago. Did I make the right decision? I guess whenever I have gone with the flow, I think it has worked out for me.

No wonder people say that life come in a full circle. I wish i knew the answers. However, this time I sincerely hope that I have made the right choices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anand Ashram- Joy and Happiness

Should you join IIM Indore?

The Sickle and the Prey..